This year’s updated release for Ardent’s Epic platform will go live on May 22, 2021. The update will bring new changes, such as:
- Radiant: The Radar Imaging Dashboard gives reading physicians and other imaging users an at-a-glance view of multiple work lists, current tasks and productivity statistics.
- Anesthesia: The LDA Avatar in the Intraprocedure activity makes it easy to spot the correct line, drain or airway for a patient and update placement or assessment documentation quickly.
- Claims and Remittance: Editing claim values, charge codes and service lines is easier than ever with the improved Claim Edit Assistant.
- Cupid: Clinicians can "hover to discover" expanded compact form anchors in study review palettes.
- Inpatient Clinical Documentation: Clinicians can document faster with a refreshed shift view of the MAR.
- Resolute Professional Billing: The redesigned transaction inquiry activity makes it easier for staff to find important information about transactions and perform actions on them.
- Willow Inpatient: Pharmacists can review compounded and repackaged medications alongside dispenses. In addition, technicians have a redesigned compounding and repackaging activity.
- Verify Orders: A new look gives physicians all the tools needed to complete verification workflows in one place.
The updated release is anticipated to have minimal impact on user workflows; however, training is required for all end users and begins April 26. Please review the project timeline below.
Updated Epic Release Timeline:
- 4/23: Playground unavailable
- 4/26: Training starts and new Playground opens
- 5/7 – 5/9: New hire training environment unavailable
- 5/17 – 5/22: Epic build freeze*
- 5/19 – 5/22: Transparent lockdown*
- 5/22: Updated release goes live
All Epic users should test their NetLearning login credentials before April 26 using the directions provided on the NetLearning homepage. Any users experiencing login issues should submit a Service Now ticket by clicking here.