As a reminder, the second and final updated release this year for our Epic platform is planned for November 7. This update will bring new changes, such as:
• OpTime/Anesthesia: New functionality highlights patients’ key medications, such as anticoagulants, so anesthesia clinicians keep patients safer through closer monitoring.
• Reporting (Cogito): New maternal safety dashboard shows clinical leader comparison in areas like preventable C-sections, to help highlight potential improvements.
• ClinDoc: Nurses can access the Nurse Brain’s timeline of upcoming tasks and appointments as a sidebar from anywhere in the chart, instead of having to click in and out.
• Ambulatory and ClinDoc: More integrated workflows allow new ways to document and review social determinants of health with expanded reporting options.
The update is anticipated to have minimal impact; however, training is required for all end users and begins October 19. Please review the project timeline below.
• 10/2-10/4: Playground unavailable
• 10/16-10/18: New hire training environment unavailable
• 10/19: Training starts and new Playground opens
• 10/31- 11/7: Epic build freeze
• 11/4-11/7: Transparent upgrade
• 11/7: Updated release live