Report training is available for any Epic end user who desires to learn more about Epic reporting. See below for the different training offerings available and instructions for registration.
Pre Epic go-live training (scheduled 3-4 weeks before go-live):
- C-level report training
- Dashboard and Reporting Workbench training for users without specific application training (e.g. Marketing, Administrative Assistants, Decision Support, etc.)
Note: Application-specific report training for managers & supervisors is provided by the Principal Trainers during the application training.
Self-service (available in NetLearning after you register for a UserWeb account):
- Reporting Content Guides (e.g. the most commonly run reports, what to expect on your dashboards, etc.)
Monthly instructor-led WebEx training: RPT100 overview
Dashboard, Reporting Workbench, and Slicer Dicer deeper dives (available in NetLearning after you register for a UserWeb account)
- RPT100 Schedule - Overview of Epic Reporting
1/20/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
2/17/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
3/16/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
4/20/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
5/18/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
6/15/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
7/20/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
8/17/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
9/21/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
10/19/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
11/16/2020 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
12/21/2020 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
- RPT200 Schedule - Advanced Reporting in Epic
1/7/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
2/4/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
3/3/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
4/7/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
5/5/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
6/2/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
7/7/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
8/4/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
9/1/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
10/6/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
11/3/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
12/1/2020 10:30 AM-3:30 PM
*Classes are subject to cancellation if no trainees are registered in NetLearning by the 2nd Monday of that month.
- How do I register for a UserWeb account to get into NetLearning?
- How do I get to Net Learning for eLearnings and RPT100 registration?
- Where can I find Reporting Content Guides?
- The Report Content Guides are on located on your Learning Home Dashboard:
- How do I request ad-hoc training on a special topic?
- What are Reporting Workbench reports used for?
- Use this type of report for self-service operational (real-time) reporting.
- Only available for up to 1 month of data per report run.
- Can be integrated into daily workflow to take action from the results and make data driven decisions like:
- Jump into the patient's chart
- Open an encounter
- Use for customizable search queries so you can find the specific information you are looking for
- Export or save data for further analysis
Note: Please do not use Reporting Workbench reports for
- Analytical data
- For time periods greater than 1 month
- multiple data sources
- What is the purpose of the dashboards?
- Epic has many dashboards available already to help every role in the organization get the most help with their workflow. Some level of customization is available to all users. Further customization can be requested through the EPIC Continuous Improvement Intake Process on Fastlane.
- What is Slicer Dicer?
- Slicer Dicer is used for self-service reporting of
- What are Crystal reports used for?